..and here comes Gin Blossoms

Sunday, November 21, 2010

High alert mode after hearing the news that one of rock music’s more famous bands was going to have their concert here. We were able to get the tickets weeks ahead before the scheduled date they were set to play at Waterfront.  I can pretty much relate to their music since I had been listening to their pieces way back in high school. I guess this would come out that I'm not that young anymore now. haha. Anyway, I didn't bring my dslr because the hotel has always been strict to prohibit the audience from bringing one before so I just had to ask from Lyndon for his ever reliable Canon Powershot.  I had been borrowing this way beforeI got myself a toy.
 Front acts were Farenheight 43 and Sandwich. Farenheight 43's from Australia and described their music as being "acoustic college pop-rock", comparing their sound to Goo Goo Dolls and Switchfoot. Their influences include Angels & Airwaves, Paramore, Mayday Parade and John Mayer. They played one of their famous songs, "The Rescue" and "Angels Lullaby". There were not a lot of people yet in the front row seats since it was just around 7 at that time when they hit the stage.  Still, we were glad to see them perform.  I downloaded a couple of their songs when I got home.
Photobucket
They were cool enough to stay at the lobby after the show to greet their fans and agreed to have pictures taken with them.
farenheight 43
Richie: Vocalist, Gemma: Guitarist, Grant: Bass, and Elmo (cute guy beside me, hehe): Drummer
For Sandwich, their music has much evolved overtime from heavy and underground sounds like grunge, hard rock, and rap-rock from their early albums to a more youthful and dynamic music since “Five On The Floor".  They entertained us with "Sugod" and "Betamax".
Photobucket

Last but definitely not the least would have to be Gin Blossoms.  Opening act was was "Follow You Down".  Everyone went berserk to this and started clapping.  Their latest album, No Chocolate Cake, went out last Sept 2010.  They played their songs alternately from their 90's hits and the ones from their new album.
Photobucket
Special casts, my friends:
Photobucket
Left to Right/ Top to Bottom: Lyra & Stephen <3, Sheila, Mhec2x, Charisse
Andrew, Lyra-Mhec-Reynald, Suzette, Adylyx, Marjorie & Reynald
Photobucket

Everyone had a great time with the concert and with the company of each other.


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

No comments:

Post a Comment